Friday, March 13, 2009

Garden inspiration

Sometimes I don't travel far physically- just out to my semi-tropical garden, with Ixora's flowering at this time of year, heliconias & the Bird of Paradise about to reveal itself, I have inspiration all around.
Balinese gardens have been an inspiration for us in developing our small garden & we have a Balinese Gate Keeper statue to see off evil spirits. He's hand carved out of soft volcanic rock & would be a lovely mossiness if we had as much rain as they get in Bali. Inspiration from my garden & other tropical gardens have resulted in the Gone Troppo series of appliqued & printed quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie from Perth
    Love your gate guard. Having lived in Indonesia for over 7 years I am very familiar with them. Look forward to more blogging

    ReplyDelete