Monday, January 2, 2012

An Aussie burger

Yesterday Bob and I  were out driving, slightly north-west of Brisbane and came to the township of Dayboro. Being New Year's Day it was quiet in the centre of the small community, but the pub was open and we stopped for lunch.
I had the Steak and Bacon burger and it came with chips. Typical of an Aussie burger, it had lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese and even a small piece of pineapple with some BBQ sauce on the lightly toasted bun.
Yummy and the start of a few more country pub visits this year! The Crown at Dayboro has not been renovated, so still has the country charm of the typical older Aussie pub. The bar area had a timber floor and the doors onto the verandah were French doors with mixed panes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sue - one of WMBM and my favourite places when we used to ride motorbikes - in our younger days - WMBM was going to write a book "Steak Burgers and Sandwiches I Have Known ..." and Dayboro Pub was up there as one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hd lunch there before Christmas & had very tasty food too. The verandah under the big tree is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "An Aussie burger with the lot" is a phrase that ALWAYS makes DH and I smile wistfully. I can hardly wait! I'm thinking April.

    ReplyDelete