Thursday, February 13, 2014

Living Colour touring exhibition


A week ago today I had word that my quilt Wattle Dancing had been selected for the Living Colour touring exhibition. Thank you Brenda Gael Smith, Exhibition Curator, I was thrilled! 32 selected quilts from 177 that were entered, make up this special exhibition which will premier at the Australasian Quilt Convention April 10-13 in Melbourne.
I had a rod pocket on the quilt but needed to add the special Velcro hanger for the carpeted display walls as certain venues. Using the same fabric as the backing fabric I made up with attachment and hand stitched it in place.
When closed the hook Velcro will not damage this or other quilts. Sorry I can't show you my quilt until the AQC opening, so please check back then. Follow via the website, blog and Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment