Thursday, November 13, 2014

Down Under Quilts

I'm always very happy to see the latest issue of Down Under Quilts magazine when it arrives in my post box and number 167, the Christmas issue is out at newsagents this week. Of course being a columnist helps my excitement grow as the anticipation of how my Global Thread column, page 32, will look takes over.
And wow! The layout looks great with Bob's super shots and my photos bringing the text to life.
The added bonus this time was the full page advertisement for the South Africa Crafts and Quilt tour and Kate Oszko's Textiles and Culture of Turkey tour, appearing for the first time. We are both thrilled by the opportunity to share these diverse cultures with quilt and textile enthusiasts from around the globe, as you can join us 'in country' from anywhere in the world, not just Australia.

Thanks for all your lovely comments on my collagraph and printing efforts. I don't have a press, so used a brayer instead and was happy with the crispness of the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment