Friday, May 8, 2009

More of the Met

While I haven't been strolling down Fifth Avenue yet, this is the view looking down the avenue from the front of the Met. The street vendors sell New York souvenirs such as the I [heart] NY t-shirt & when it was raining they quickly got the umbrella sales going!

The Dogwoods are coming into bloom & they filled the 5 large stone vases in the entry foyer.
The Egyptian fragments made a wonderful patchwork display on 1 long wall near the Temple of Dendur.
And I met the Burges of Calais at lunch!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I'm looking forward to the Empire Quilters guild meeting tomorrow when you'll be speaking! I'm glad you are enjoying New York. There is a lot to do here, that's for sure.
    I'm enjoying your blog.
    See you tomorrow.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete