Monday, October 12, 2009

Studio reveal

The extra design walls that I have been waiting for were put up over the weekend & I'm happy to show you the improved version of my studio. Also it will probably never look quite as uncluttered as now!
I have 2 quilts made by Mexette friends on the small right hand side wall near the door as you enter.
We will do a scan around the room in the next couple of posts.
This is a nifty kitchen hanging rail for tea towels from Ikea, re purposed to hold my most used, daily items- quilting gloves, scissors, notebook, pens, tape measure- now they won't be lost under quilts on the table.

When I moved my sewing table away from the wall, I freed up an area for a design wall. It is canite, a soft particle board which I've covered with white flannelette, just pinned on. The book case holds threads, yarns, buttons, Bernina accessories & books etc. The fan & reverse cycle air conditioner unit make my studio usable all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment