Monday, October 25, 2010

The Grand Canyon

Yes, Suzanne we have finally arrived, after going through the remnants of a severe hail storm which hit the park just a short time before we pulled up. I can tell you 'awesome' & all the other superlatives can't sum up the Grand Canyon. It is so much more than I ever imagined & a bit dizzying, looking down & into & across to the North Rim.
Our little cabin is rustic & has a partial view of the canyon! It is a fantastic location on the South Rim, at Bright Angel Lodge. If I rolled down this slope I'd be rolling into the canyon.

The window on the left has the canyon view. From this window I have watched the clouds, fog & rain roll in, obscuring the reddish-brown gigantic cliff which juts out to the left. It is cosy inside when the wind is howling through the bushes outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment