Thursday, October 25, 2012

On my design wall

This is a tale of a small quilt, 22" square that has been a long time evolving. I guess I didn't give it my full attention until this week, so the pieces have been moving around on the design wall. I rubbed the squares in India while on the Textile Traditions tour and also bought the embroidery patches there too.

Now this is the work this week, with another frottage piece from India, cut up for the borders.
The digital camera is such a great design tool allowing the recording and recall of design choices.
Before squaring up and yes, the dark patch worked piece will be positioned on the lavender fabric. Now for the quilting. If you are interested in your own India adventure, please contact Rhonda via the Textile Traditions website as the next tour is in January- I'm very tempted!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,

    Brings back memories - the key to the hotel room in Kota, the embroidered ribbons I bought in Bundi and Sophia's great embroidery.

    Can't wait to see this finished!

    Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete