Saturday, November 10, 2012

Progress on quilts

This design, still in progress here, which I'm naming 'Bagh' or garden, uses wood block prints on all the fabrics. It will be 1m square when finished. I was inspired by the gardens at Humayan Tomb with the water channels.
I'm using Indian themed fabric on the back of my quilts also. I love the regal procession of elephants and court dignitaries on this fabric. This is on the back of another metre square quilt and only needs a rod pocket stitched in place. Two more quilts to design and I will have the 8 I need for the exhibition in France at the Quilt Expo en Beaujloais in April 2013.
 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Sue. Love the elephant fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The backing fabric is fantastic! Where did you get THAT?

    ReplyDelete