Thursday, March 14, 2013

Back to front quilting

I am a bit in love with back to front quilting. On the R is the silk, stencil printed for the front of my quilt. On the L the batik I put on the back.
By quilting with the back facing up, you can put the hard to use, speciality threads on the bobbin and get the sparkle on the front of the work, if that is needed.
In this case I have used a multi-coloured cotton thread as a contrast to the red silk background.
Brenda Gael Smith has been updating parts of my website- news section, workshop and exhibitions areas. Please check these out if you have time.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Sue. I must practice that back to front method.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again. Just looked through your new updated website - like that you have included pictures of the student's samples and also like the finished sample of the piece featured above.

    ReplyDelete