Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mangoes and monoprinting

No, I have not been printing with these mangoes, but eating them! What a bargain the box of 14 Calypso mangoes were at $7.50. They are not as big as a Bowen or as sweet, but a delicious start to Summer.
Reflecting on the Brisbane & Queensland floods of last Summer, I have begun a new series using monoprinting in some of the panels.
My clean-up cloth is taking on a nice patina.
Chris, I wish I could grow ginger like the cone flowering ones, but can't, so have a varigated pearl flowering ginger which the birds love.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were using the mango stones! Loving the mangoes in Cairns too ... is that a pump spray of some sort in the last pic? Glad those yoghurt tubs are getting repurposed too.

    ReplyDelete