Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Repurose-the next step

As these pieces are already quilted I decided that large floor cushions would be the best use for them. I squared them up and cut the corners off as the bulk would not give me a square corner anyway.
Over the years I have amassed a box of fabric and thread offcuts. I have used some at times for other projects, restitching them to produce designs, but now I reused them as part of the stuffing for the cushions. Didn't seem to reduce it that much! Poly fill was also used.
Stuffing underway- it took a lot to fill them.
Ta-dah! Looking better as cushions than a quilt, they seem to  match the red sofas, African fabric and Khazak quilt. Now to have the grandchildren over to jump on them!


 

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea. They look really great Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must feel so good - getting rid of even a little bit of stuff!!! Cushions to look good!

    ReplyDelete