Monday, March 17, 2014

Repurpose

What do you do with a quilt that has been in the cupboard, unloved for a long time?
I decided the time had come to throw it out or repurpose it. The detail shots above are of the quilt in question. It was made with commercial fabric with lots of printing over the top of it and some leaves made on wash away.  I had been more in love with the processes than trying to telling a strong story.
Cut into 4 squares and jumbled up ready for the next step. Feeling better already!

4 comments:

  1. I might try that Sue! Have a couple in the 'I don't like, too hard' basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking on with interest Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quilt just like that! Tried to cut it up last year, my son said NO- he liked the odd shaped edges, but I think I will make great place mats! Maybe this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cut some bits from a quilt, but, because they'd been made on a larger scale they didn't look as good small... but on the other other hand I just told myself 'so that's the end of that' would it have been any different really to put it in the dog's basket?

    ReplyDelete