Friday, March 14, 2014

UFO

I don't have many UFO's as I generally start a quilt and finish it, these days. In the past I tried many things and had fabric bought for various projects which never did get started. On a recent investigation of a hidden basket I found the blue Liberty fabric my Dad bought me in London, many years ago. The basket also revealed 2 hand appliqued squares from a class I took with the late Denise Lawson at Highgate Hill shop, Patchwork Supplies. The shop is no longer there but it was a favourite visiting spot when I lived in Mount Isa. It was run by the late Ruth Stoneley, a Queensland quilting pioneer. So in memory of 3 special people I think these will be made up into cushions.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely find and a great way to create some lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wonderful ladies have no idea how many of us they influenced!

    ReplyDelete