Monday, November 15, 2010

AiR

I settled in quickly, arranging fabric on the floor to ceiling design wall. The quilt 'A Hot Land', far left, has been travelling with me. As I travelled, I printed & rubbed some of my hand dyed fabrics & bought commercial fabric with prints I haven't generally seen in Australia. I had a trip to Wal-Mart, which does sell a limited amount of fabric. The prices per yard for cotton, are unbelievably cheap, from around $4 to $9 plus tax.
The studio is very comfortably equipped & spacious. I'm sleeping upstairs in the cute, adjacent 'barn' house.

1 comment:

  1. Look how the colour you have brought to the room transforms it - I compared the "just arrived" with the "Sue unpacks" - love your fabrics and their vibrancy. Are they pieces you have made on your trip or brought from Oz? Love the barn ...

    ReplyDelete