Saturday, February 21, 2009

Photos from the opening of SAQA: Oceania Art Textiles

Thank you Janet deBoer, L for opening the exhibition. Jennifer Brakensiek's
"Extractons of the Species" is in the background.
Kathryn, on the right, & I discuss Deb McArdle's silk piece titled "Mending My Ways". Small stones are sewn into the top & bottom panels. On the right is my quilt " Anthills- Study in Brown".


L-R Yvonne, Sue & Trish, dressed for the Valentine's Day opening.


In the background L-R you can see work by Alison Schwabe, Thelma McGough, Sue Dennis & the wonderful second silk piece of Deb's hangs from the upstairs balcony so both sides can be viewed.




1 comment:

  1. Sue! I have just seen 'Anthills- Silent Cities' on the Craftfest site and I wanted to let you know that it is some of your best work yet. Can't wait to see it up close!

    ReplyDelete