Monday, March 23, 2009

Old quilt




Can you call a quilt you made in 1995 an "old" quilt? I made "Sam's Pumpkin Patch" for my father-in-law's 80th birthday with pieced hearts from a Mary Ellen Hopkins pattern & printed fabric in panels. It was machine quilted & the names of his children & their spouses, their children & grandchildren were machine written in the heart blocks.

Today I had to add some names so the quilt can go to Sam at his nursing home.

When I spread it out on the bed I was surprised at how little I seemed to know about quilting then, compared to now!

Obviously I've been practising over the years, have picked up tips & have changed the style of quilt I now make. The overall composition of the quilt was fine & I enjoyed seeing the back & the left over blocks being used. I wondered what I'd think of my current quilts in another 14 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment