Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Fabric of Society

Thanks for your comment yesterday Diane re 'On Track #2' detail. I'm happy to post a full image of 'On Track #1' after the exhibition opening. The technique used is mono printing which I have fallen in love with & now offer as a 1 day workshop.
I had the pleasure of hearing Dr Annette Gero, quilt historian & collector speak at the opening of the exhibition 'The Fabric of Society- Australia's Quilt Heritage from Colonial Times to 1960' at the Ipswich Art Gallery. The exhibition runs until July 25 & has the most wonderful antique quilts. Log cabin, which is my favourite traditional pattern is well represented in silks & cotton.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you Sue, I have just purchased Annette's book and plan to visit the exhibition in May. She is a wealth of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete