Friday, December 30, 2011

More Shettar

Some more glimpses at Ranjani Shettar's sculptural installations. 'Touch Me not'  took 2 weeks to assemble, although from this detail you can't get the scale of the work which stretched across 2 walls. Each pinhole was drilled to get the right angle, then it was added to the design and the resulting shadows add to the mass and give a shimmer to the work.

Francie, it was probably fishing line- you can just see a little of it in the upper right of this photo- unless it is just my imagination.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I often hear people who look at my work say, "Oh... I just wouldn't have the patience to do that..." But, I have to say it here about all of those pins... that's way beyond my patience level. As artists, we do what we love, and, if we love it enough, we have patience aplenty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful - thanks for sharing - love the shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Sue, I particularly like the shadow it casts.

    ReplyDelete