Friday, November 23, 2012

Exciting news

Life in the quilting world is certainly interesting and rewarding. I have been selected to be one of the 2014 tutors at the Abruzzo School of Creative Art in Sulmona Italy, June 10-16. I'm thrilled to have this opportunity to work with students from around the world in such a picturesque setting, making Textile Souvenirs.
Above is a sample of the scope of the fabrics we'll be producing in the local environment, to be used in our small stitched pieces. I will be sharing the techniques I use when travelling to produce textile souvenirs and I look forward to working with you in Italy! There is a 7 day tour to Venice, Tuscany and Umbria before the workshop and it has been designed specifically for women who may be travelling solo.

Grand Canyon Memories was surface designed during a 2010 vacation in the USA.

5 comments: