Friday, February 8, 2013

Chinese New Year

Celebrations for Chinese New Year are underway in my neighbourhood. Each year I love the paper dragons that appear with the lanterns and fire crackers.
I took an early morning stroll through the shopping centre at Sunnybank, before the shops opened and captured a few dragons!
And a snake, as it is the Year of the Snake.


There will be lion dancing, drums and fire crackers sounding all weekend. It's a great atmosphere and the local restaurants fill up with diners.  Kong-ee fat choy!

3 comments:

  1. Xie xie. Kong-ee fat choy to you both also. Hope your weekend is fun filled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a jolly snake - maybe we'll get over on Sunday for a bit of food & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.
    Art Gallery in India

    ReplyDelete