Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Design wall

Jeri commented that she was also working on Hidden Wells designs. Her's use lovely bright colour combinations. Diane Wright looks like she is also using the pattern, or her own variation, proving what a versatile & enduring Mary Ellen Hopkins design it is!
I'm working on the challenge for the
Quilters Guild of NSW. The theme is 'What Tickles Your Fancy'. However the size is smaller than previous years & I have goofed using a larger size for my original design.
Oh well, this is where creative problem solving will come into play!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Mary Ellen's influence is surely apparent. I start out with fabric that I love together...with the intention of creating a "strata quilt" and before I know it....Hidden Wells! Not exactly...but it looks enough like her book/formula to bring it to mind. And all those lovely combinations of radiating pattern....always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete