Monday, January 11, 2010

"Melbourne Lace"- the quilt

Isn't it hard to get back into the regular work routine after being on holiday? I was inspired by the cottages with the iron lace & I'm happy they brought back pleasant memories for you Dianne. So while away in Northern New South Wales, just south of the Queensland border, I stitched the 8" square needed for the Alaska Fiber Festival 'Through the Knot Hole' challenge.
The process was easy with the use of prepared photo sheets, Printed Teasures by Milliken, for the printer. This was an old packet that I'd bought at Quilt Festival, Houston 5 years ago, but they were still OK.
Quilting along the printed architectural details brought it to life & I finished it with a binding of some hand dyed fabric which picked up the colours in the print. Just need to put in the 2 grommets [eyelets] & post.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Mum, that looks so cute, I want to steal your idea and make some with images of me favourite houses around the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete