Thursday, February 17, 2011

Indian Summer

Yesterday I finished a small quilt 50cmW x 35cmL titled 'Indian Summer' & posted it to Bernina for the Textile Tattoo Challenge, which Bernina friends were invited to enter. Selected entries will be photographed & transferred to the front of a Bernina sewing machine, making an individual statement as a tattoo does. Above, the first stage- dye painted cotton fabric.
My collection of Indian wooden, printing blocks added another layer, after they were rubbed with Shiva oil paint sticks.
Detail, below is from the finished piece. I have used some of the programmed machine stitches, free motion quilting & some hand painting of textured areas. I'll post the full quilt once results are announced. Blog is late today due to server problems this morning.


4 comments:

  1. ...and here's me thinking you must have slept in this morning Sue :). Love the use of programmed stitches - it gives another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progression. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I really admire the way you confidently quilt with contrasting thread! I do the same thing at times, but with a big dose of trepidation!

    ReplyDelete