Monday, February 14, 2011

Special friends

Seems so appropriate today, Valentine's Day, to share the unexpected gifts I received from 8 special friends yesterday. I was quite speechless & 'thank you' seemed inadequate.
All the small 4" canvases had a touch of orange, my favorite colour. This is by Jan, complete with a 'lucky' elephant.
By Ros, reminding me of various special things over the last 3 years.
Always, impressive quilting by Jane & orange beads.
Mel's mixed media - an artist to watch. The sketch is by Mel & the feather is very delicate & a perfect embellishment.
Colour & shapes I can really relate to, from Lexie.
'Ants Escaping' from an anthill by Kathryn, with the lovely texture of silk paper.
Kate made 'The State of my Art' below, bursting with energy & life. The card is also handmade by Kate
Thanks to Suzanne who made 2, so the set of 9 would be complete. The vibrant orange fabric has printed gold beetles & the flower centre has a  pearl shell flower.
Thanks team, I love them all.

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful - and well deserved. Such friends are absolute treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you a lucky girl! These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete