Friday, May 27, 2011

Incheon Korea

This is my first time in South Korea, in Incheon, near Seoul & I'm seeing more of it than scheduled! Due to high winds, the aeroplane was unable to fly to Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia so we were taken to a hotel for the night. Fingers crossed I get there on the next scheduled flight. However, imagine my joy when I saw this at the airport!
It was set up for foreign tourists to try, so I did. The Mulberry paper is dampened, placed over the carved rubbing block & patted down by hand.
The pouncher is used to transfer the image to the paper. Unfortunately my fabric was in the checked suitcase.
TaDah! the bad Tiger & the good Magpie complete, ready to be expertly rolled. The other option was a roof tile.



3 comments:

  1. How fabulous Sue - exquisite patterns and I love the bad tiger ... what a journey! Take care and maybe keep a stick and some fabric in your hand luggage for the return trip and possible rub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic experience Sue - you just never know when the opportunity to rub will happen. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky - that store only had pretty colourful umbrellas to make when I was there.

    ReplyDelete