Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bag done- tick!

So nice to get this project finished. After piecing the crazy patch blocks together on a cotton batting background, I used some decorative machine stitches and lots of more or less straight lines to hold the layers together. The colours were too bright for my liking [not often would I say that!] so I gave everything a white wash.
Selection of a lining and handle fabric came next. Some cutting sewing and 'tick' done!

Now I may feel like a walking advertisement for Byron Bay, but that will be a conversation starter!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great Sue. See you Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag, what was the white wash you used? Looks interesting.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great sue - love the white wash

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea using the white wash to tone down the colours.

    ReplyDelete