Friday, September 14, 2012

On my design wall

If you are familiar with the Indian Bollywood style of movie you may think there is 'bling' everywhere in India, but of course this is not so. The poverty and grim is as much a part of life there as is the movie industry glamour. Many old palaces had screens made of sandstone or marble called jali. I took some of my rusted fabric, not knowing what I'd get to rub, but was lucky to have the opportunity at a small boutique hotel to capture some of the balcony sandstone balustrade.

This hand appliqued camel has been liberated from a cushion and will walk onto a quilt.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely reminder of your trip. I must remember to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up a bit on your India trip and designs, Sue. I love using saris in the work that I do and the rubbings you did with the rust pieces and the rest that will come..am looking forward..

    ReplyDelete