Saturday, May 25, 2013

Down Under Textiles magazine

Down Under Textiles magazine Issue 9, in which my story "A Goat in a Coat" was published, made it's way to India with Rhonda Preece on her Textile Traditions Tour, a few months ago. The story was about the wonderful time I had on the tour last year, and of the interesting Indian textile traditions we had seen. Above-Anukram R translates the story for Rashid, his son and grandson. Rashid was the Master block printer we visited in Jaipur.
The Patola weaver Dharamshi holding the magazine while talking to the TT April group.
At Mr Wazir's home, one of his son's inspects the story. I so loved this tour and the experiences, that I have booked for Rhonda's new 11 day Wilderness, Wildlife and Weaving tour in November 2013. If you'd like to join me, please go to the
 Textile Traditions website for information and a booking form. I am happy to answer any questions about the experience, if you email me personally.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment