Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Leaf it Alone workshop- Queenstown

While my first load of washing is rolling around in the machine, I'll blog! Great to be home & sleep-in with today a public holiday in Australia. What a wonderful week at Symposium thanks to the organising committee. Convener Marg will probably be putting her feet up for a rest, after the hard work of her team for the last 3 years.
My suitcase did finally arrive after 3 days [missed my first workshop] being held up in Christchurch by Customs who searched through it, but left my small paint pots & oil sticks in tact. I designed a new, small quilt for the Leaf it Alone workshop & like it so much I'll make up a sample. Petra from 2dye4 kindly gave me paint & supplies for my demonstration. So thanks to all my students over the 5 days, for spending your time with me- it was great fun!
The Remarkables were our photo backdrop for each workshop, the tree losing more leaves as the week progressed.
Printed by Lynette
Printed by Rose-May
Printed by Marian
Printed by Lyn
This fabric was printed by Clare. A full selection of class images will be in the Workshop/Student Photos section of my website, once it is updated in a month or 2 by my webmaster Brenda Gael Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment