Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Destination USA

In just 3 days time, my exhibition Destination USA will open in Brisbane at Gallery 159. The work in the exhibition was begun last November, during my 3 week residency at the Great Expectations studio in La Grange, Texas. I have been steadily working since coming home on assembling, stitching & completing the 23 quilted pieces that form Destination USA. Above is a detail from 'Guardian'.
Brenda Gael Smith, my wonderful web designer has put the exhibition images in the portfolio section of my website. All work is for sale & I'd be happy to send you a price list if you email me. I'll be dancing for joy, just as my skeleton friends from 'Fiesta de los Muertos' are, so join me on Saturday for the opening at 3pm, 159 Payne Rd, The Gap. The exhibition continues until July 31 Sat-Sun 11am-4pm, weekdays by appointment, just phone the lovely Janet deBoer on 07 33006491.

1 comment:

  1. Sue, they are all beautiful! I think I like Interlude the best - although it's hard to choose. Wish I could see them in person. Wishing you a very successful exhibition!

    ReplyDelete