Saturday, June 30, 2012

Leaf Song

My exhibition is titled 'Taking leaf of my senses' for good reason! It has been challenging but fun to explore new ways of using leaf prints and imagery in my work. This is an ongoing fascination for me. Above is a detail of 'Leaf Song #1' one of three hemp pieces more than 3 metres long that will hang from the ceiling in the central part of the Warwick Art Gallery July 5- August 19.
Like a piece of music the song begins quietly and builds in intensity and energy. 'Leaf Song #3' detail. I have my fingers crossed that they look as good as I am imagining!

2 comments:

  1. Something very different from your usual surface design Sue. I'm sure the pieces will look fantastic hanging - all the best for the Opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Sue, wish I could see them in person.

    ReplyDelete