Friday, June 1, 2012

On my design wall

'Pinch and a punch for the first of the month!' You're getting this as Bob isn't home.I'm busy trying to start and finish new work for my exhibition 'Taking Leaf of my Senses'  July 5- August 19 at the Warwick Art Gallery. I have this quilt on my design wall at the moment. To get a sense of the next step in the design, I cut out paper pieces in place of fabric and pinned them in place.
This is not how it ended up, but was a good starting place. How do you like to design your pieces? I know there are many ways to get from inspiration to final design and what works for 1 person does not necessarily work for another.
Sometimes I have difficulty finding a solution to my design dilemma, but I try to relax and let intuition, honed by practice take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment