Thursday, August 16, 2012

TIQE

Lin Hsin-Chen the organiser of TIQE 2012 and President of the Taiwan Art Quilt Societygreeted me at the exhibition entry. I was very excited to finally be standing here with her. We toured one floor of the exhibition and I was amazed by the beautiful work of Taiwanese quilters who mainly have a preference for work that is pieced, appliqued and quilted by hand.
Hsin-Chen has a set of four amazing quilts relating to the seasons. Hundreds of fabrics are used in each one and she tells me she has a huge stash to draw from.
Mary Pal, in her classroom, working with her interpreter Sherry. This will be me in a few days, after the International Seminar. I'm looking forward to this new teaching experience.
My dinner of duck and sea bass was delicious, followed by a sweet red bean soup in a beautiful heart shaped cup.



2 comments:

  1. Those landscape quilts are amazing! Love the heart shaped cup! Another adventure for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure its going to be a great adventure. Food looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete