Monday, January 14, 2013

Frottage fun in Cambodia

Managed to get a bit of rubbing in around the Angkor Village Hotel which had lovely carved wooden panels on some of the pavilion walls. The carving was quite deep so much harder to get a good impression of the fighting monkey demons.
It's nice when the fabric stays in place, no breeze and you can stand up. Mostly I seem to be on the ground.
This was the type of matting they had around the walkways and it gave a very good imprint.
I now have various bits on the design wall to comtemplate so perhaps I'll make this fabric up before tackling the sunset Jan. I bought silk to marry with this rusted fabric base.
Happy that I'm rekindling your holiday memories Suzanne.

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to see your travels and textiles Sue...when I check in on blogs!!
    Wonderful to have the rubbings and the rust..and will look forward to seeing the results of the marriage with silk!

    ReplyDelete