Friday, October 10, 2014

Queensland Quilt Show

This week the quilt show is on at the Brisbane Convention Centre at South Brisbane and I was happy to be awarded an Highly Commended for Not your usual Souvenir- Hawaii a quilt made from fabrics printed in Hawaii at the studio of Phyllis Cullen. I visited Phyllis on the Big Island in January and we had a lovely arty time together.
Another of my quilts Holiday Flags is in the State of the Art quilt 14 display. This touring exhibition promotes 2QAQ, the Queensland Quilters Art Quilters of the guild. I have been volunteering on the 2QAQ table and catching up with lots of friends and meeting interesting new people too.
I get to play on a Bernina 550 sewing machine so do drop by and say hello- I will be there today.
Brenda Gael Smith is also giving a great floor talk about the Living Colour exhibition, each day at 1.30pm. Here she is talking about Caroline Sullivan's work.
The very talented Jane Rundle is also demonstrating machine quilting on a Bernina. Jane was awarded the Best Modern Quilt prize for Grated, detail below.
And this is another of her gorgeous quilts, made using an old linen, embroidered tablecloth.


 

1 comment: