Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Viewpoints 9 challenge reveal

 The reveal from the first challenge of our third cycle is underway.
Chinese New Year
20"w x 48"L
In my neighbourhood Chinese New Year is a noisy, colourful affair with Lion dancing and feasting. 2015 is the Year of the Goat and as my Chinese animal year is also the goat I wanted to celebrate this in my quilt.

I enjoyed hand embroidering the details on the goats head and creating the look of an old wall in the background. In Chinese culture colours symbolise different things and red is the colour of good fortune, joy and happiness.
Materials; cotton, batting, thread, dye, fusible, embroidery floss, textile ink
Techniques; hand dyed, stencilled, hand painted, hand embroidered, machine pieced, machine appliqued, machine quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment