Friday, August 28, 2009

Collections # 4


Bob is a geologist & while he has stopped collecting rocks, I haven't! This assortment can be found in our garden at the base of the Balinese Guardian statue.
I'm very happy to share some good news.
Studio Art Quilt Associates have announced the 14 selected artists for A Sense of Direction: Sightlines & I'm one of them! I'm thrilled & humbled as 166 SAQA members applied. Now I'll be busy creating the body of work before February 2010 so applications can be made to venues as this is a touring exhibition. Sightlines will premier in Houston in 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Congratulations. You are going to be busy but knowing you it will be a piece of cake. I may see you in person at Sunnybank quilt show tomorrow to congratulate you..Love from June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I saw the notice and was so happy for you!

    BTW I have a 20 kilo block of obsidian in my studio...it's a piece that my geologist grandfather collected from Mt. Shasta long ago. I LOVE rocks and collect them where ever I go. I have some interesting pieces from Coober Pedy, Injalak, Mutijulu, Mt Aso (Japan) and many other memorable places. Actually, the rocks are touchstones that bring those memories back in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue! That is so fantastic! You deserve it - both talented and hard working, as well as being loverly...
    BTW - what do you mean when you say "creating the body of work"? Were you selected on something other than already existing pieces??
    Again very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations on being selected to be part of the SAQA Sightline exhibition. I'm seriously considering trying to get to Houston in 2011 so perhaps I'll get to see the exhibition in person.

    ReplyDelete