Thursday, June 16, 2011

Art at altitude

I had taken my trusty oil sticks & fabric paint to indulge in some surface designing so printed grasses, pine bark & did a little rubbing of this too.
Fabric drying on the trees & time for sketching & reflection, my solitude interrupted briefly by a bleating, baaing  passing flock.
The sticky pine sap was an additional bonus souvenir for sitting under the tree. The warmth of Summer was bringing the pine branches to life in the most beautiful way with gold, soft green & pink pine cone buds.
This is the sort of art interaction I enjoy & will be doing in India on the January Textile Traditions tour. I'll be guiding fellow tour participants in the art of 'rubbing' & printing.
Jan we passed a fast flowing river coming down from the higher altitude, so perhaps our water came from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment