Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ekka day

The Royal Queensland Show is on at the moment & we went along to People's Day yesterday. The Ekka is the name we use for the show & I have been going since I was a child. It is still a magical day out!
Bob & I went to do 'white glove' duty at Quilts Across Queensland, upstairs in the Dairy Pavilion. I had won third prize with 'Counting' in the Art Category. The Best of Show quilt by Winsome Cadoo was beautiful with a flower fairy alphabet, but I didn't photograph it to show here, respecting Winsome's copyright as she wasn't there to give me permission.
However the ABC Local Radio Quilt was on display. A number of these were made in 2005 from blocks sent in by radio listeners.
A special display from Fancy Tea was set up by Rebecca Todd in the glass fronted display cabinet. Walking around the Ekka it's great to see old favourites, but this year with the redevelopment of the grounds some exhibits had moved, but we found them. The Ekka is on until Saturday & then, like Christmas we wait for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment