Thursday, August 11, 2011

USA events

With barely 2 months to go before I fly to the USA, the arrivals in the post yesterday reminded me of this again. First the catalogue for the International Quilt Festival in Houston Nov 3-6, with Preview night on the 2nd. On page 5 is a little note about Destination Texas, my exhibition which will be in good company with many other special exhibits, one being the Twelve by Twelve International Art Quilt Challenge. If you follow their blog you'll know what they get up to! I'll be buying their book in Houston so I can get 11 of the 12 to sign it.
The second item was the catalogue from the World Quilt Show Florida III Nov 10-12 at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, West Palm Beach. I'm thrilled to be one of the tutors for this event in it's third year. I will get to see a small part of Florida for the first time & dip my toe in the Atlantic Ocean! Hope you can join me for a workshop or the lecture. If you live on the West coast I will also be a tutor at the 20th Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara California Oct 13-16.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, all these events in the USA! You will be busy! I ahve a friend from here (Seattle/Tacoma) who always goes to the Houston show..perhaps you two will meet. Not being a quilter myself, but an appreciator of that art..I know these shows and tutoring will be special.

    ReplyDelete