Tuesday, April 28, 2009

African Collection # 3- My tribe

During this week, to celebrate the launch of my new website, beautifully designed & executed by Brenda Gael Smith I'm sharing an image from 1 of the series in my portfolio. African Collection # 3- My tribe was made for the Quilters Guild of NSW Inc Challenge in 1996.
I have never been to Africa but have travelled there virtually through the National Geographic magazines of childhood & many wildlife programs seen on TV. When I was at the SAQA Conference in 2007 my roommate was Dena Crain who lives at Lake Baringo in Kenya, Africa. So I'm getting a little closer..one day...
If you would like to be in the draw for a free 12 month subscription to the Get Creative magazine please leave a comment. The lucky winner will be announced on Sunday May 3.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the lovely website, Sue! It is fabulous to see so many glorious wprks all together, and your impressive resume. You have accomplished much!I can't wait to see you in new York.
    All the best, Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I feel drawn to Africa from all the reading and documentaries I have seen. I particularly like their music and their textiles. Colour and rhythm wend their way through both.
    I really like your African Collection. You have captured the feeling of the place extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great website... I really enjoyed looking through it. I especially love the anthills and the foilage!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, it looks great, as does your website!!!! Congrats, I hope you're thrilled. See you next week, and really looking forward to it.
    Love Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful website - I'm so glad you have finally established your presence on the Web. May it bring much to your life. Del

    ReplyDelete