Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sam's Quilt

I have found the photo of my parent's in law Dot & Sam with Sam's quilt. This was made by the family to commemorate Sam's service in the RAAF, Australia based during World War 2. Bob scanned old photos & Sam's service documents & they are printed on the blue fabric of the central area. Family members contributed pieced blocks which tell the story of life before & after the war at Daisy Hill, Logan City where Sam grew up, farmed & raised his family.
This quilt was in the 2006/07 touring exhibition Peac-ed with Love which had many memorial quilts from families of service men & women from all conflicts.

1 comment:

  1. Sue,

    What a lovely quilt, and I hope you won't mind if I steal the basic idea (it won't be a copy of yours I promise),my Dad was in the RAAF from 1938 to 1971 and I have his documents and some buttons etc I'd never thought of putting it together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete