Monday, April 27, 2009

Crazee Kactus Quilt

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to look at my new website & for leaving a congratulatory comment. Feel free to comment today & you are in the draw for a free 12 month subscription to the Get Creative magazine which profiles Australian artists working in many fibre/mixed media fields.
One of my early original quilts Crazee Kactus Quilt from 1992 is still a favourite.I think of this as my Afro American asymmetrical phase. The design came to me while I was standing in a long bank queue & I scribbled it down on the back of a withdrawal slip. The cactus, lower border & sashing feature a curtain fabric from Desert Designs & was bought in Sydney at Darling Harbour.
While my memory for some things may be selectively dropping off, my fabric purchase memory is very sharp! Is it the same for you?

4 comments:

  1. Great work Sue and Brenda. I've seen your work a number of times over the years Sue and really love what you do. I shall add you to my blogs that I follow through Google Reader and keep up with your progress.
    Well done!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mumma, the website looks fantastic, very professional and lots of potential to grow! See I do check your blog :) Oysters and quilts, what more could you want...
    Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your quilting is v. impressive - your African quilts are wonderful. I hadn't heard of you until I saw the advertising for Textile & Art on at the end of May to which I am going - hurray!, although unfortunately I am not doing one of your classes but I am looking forward to seeing your work in the flesh so to speak! Love your felted piece for 2QAQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I enjoyed your site; congratulations to you and Brenda for lots of hard work. I will check back to see more of your beautiful work.
    Martha Ginn

    ReplyDelete