Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Quilt exhibitions

I have packed up a few quilts that were accepted for various exhibitions to open later this year. This always takes longer than I think it will. Do all the quilts have rod pockets and labels? Have I got the right size plastic bag to put the quilt in to keep it safe and dry? I prefer to use plastic as it is water proof and I have had soggy parcels arrive on my doorstep in the past! Now for the post office preferred box or bag. Check the delivery address, include return postage- I think we are ready to go!
Folded quilt above is Backyard Blueprint, sitting on Tangled which is waiting for a label.
They will be seen in Geelong at the National Wool Museum in the Art Quilt Australia 2015 exhibition from October 23- December 13 2015. This is an initiative of Ozquilt network, the Australian organisation for art quilters.
Another quilt Garden Life is now in Melbourne for Australian Quilts in Public Places 2015 Light & Life at the Whitehorse ArtSpace Box Hill Town Hall from November 13- December 22 2015.
Perhaps you will be in the neighbourhood to enjoy these two exhibitions?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment