Saturday, June 6, 2009

Food for thought

When I'm away from home I like to try the dishes of the city or country I'm visiting for the full cultural experience. The cucumber cosmopolitan I'm toasting you with from the mezzanine level at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY was worth it for the sheer pleasure of the surrounding ambiance of antiquities & chamber music in the early evening as the sun was setting & the voices of visitors drifted up from the grand entrance foyer. A truly memorable experience.

Not so sure I can say the same about Vegemite on cinnamon toast! I travelled with my own supply of Vegemite as this is not a condiment lined up with the tomato sauce on tables. However I do love the large triangles of New York pizza which are tasty & cheap.
At breakfast I chose 'grits' [in the white bowl] with my omelette- they are more like a porridge consistency & rather tasteless without some additional savoury or sweetener. The dish to the right is soft shelled crab which I had never tried before- tasty, chewy & definitely an acquired taste but Beth who had ordered it loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment