Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Great food

In Frontierland we ate at the Big Thunder Ranch, all you can eat ribs, chicken, beans, cornbread & coleslaw. Luckily we didn't go on the Big Thunder Railroad rollercoaster ride after, but saved it for the next day!

The Blue Bayou Restaurant, in the New Orleans quarter, looked interesting from the outside & it was amazing inside. It is set up to recreate dining outdoors, under paper lanterns in a Louisiana swampland but without the mosquitoes. Bob had the Cajun Salmon, above- too spicy for me, so I chose the crab cakes with lobster bisque & mango slaw. They both came with roast vegetables, warm bread rolls, butter balls & choice of salad or gumbo as a starter. Main meals here are called 'entree'. We have not needed dinner after our big lunches & yes, we did the log ride on Splash Mountain, with the 50 foot drop [eyes closed & screaming] a few hours after eating this.

3 comments:

  1. I grew up about 25 miles from Disneyland and was there during opening week in 1955. I went there often until I left home to go to college, but, alas, haven't been back since. From your pictures, I can see it's really changed! Mmmmmm... all you can eat spareribs... I think I'm going to faint!

    At this time tomorrow, I'll be loading up the car for PIQF. Can hardly wait! Hope you'll be wearing your "ears" to class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ribs look great - and so does the plate. Have fun at at class - and you too Francie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying the fun in Disneyland.I have been a few times.Lost count of the times we had to ride the Big Thuder railroad when I was there with my child!And the Teacups!Love Lajla

    ReplyDelete