Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Caught my eye in Houston

There were many, many stunning quilts that caught my eye in Houston. This is a very small, personal selection from exhibits where photography was allowed.
'Radiance' by Susan Stewart was awarded the Pfaff Master Award for Machine Artistry. I don't think the photos can show the skill & precision in the placement of the digital embroidery over the pieced diamonds & the lacy edge.
'Dixie Dingo Dreaming' by Susan Carlson won the 'What's Good for You' contest.
'The Summer Sun II' by Reiko Naganuma, in which woven pieces are intergrated into the pieced design.
I always love Betty Busby's work & seeing it in person is a thrill. This is from the 'What's Good for You' contest- 'La Puz', a prize winner.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks or sharing Betty's work - it is exquisite! Is Susan Stewart a mere mortal? Her machine quilting leaves me speechless.

    ReplyDelete