Monday, November 14, 2011

A little problem- bag lost!

It is not often in my travels that I have encountered the bizarre situation that took place last night! At the end of the Florida World Quilt Show, which was a great event,  Sue Nickels, Marjan Kluepfel, Phyllis Twig Hatcher & I got on the big shuttle bus. All of us had bags with our workshop quilts and supplies in the bottom luggage compartment of the bus. Off we drove toward the hotel.

Four blocks after rounding a corner, our driver noticed that the door of the luggage compartment had opened! We stopped & discovered that only 1 bag had been thrown from the bus- yes it was my bag!

The bus driver quickly retraced our journey with the bus & we saw my bag sitting in the gutter on the corner- hooray. The driver stopped the bus, leaving it in the middle of the road and ran the block & a half toward my bag through oncoming traffic.

Oncoming cars & their headlights blinded me, but once traffic had cleared, my bag had disappeared! Unfortunately we had not reached it in time before it was stolen. Peter Mancuso was incredibly helpful & we searched the area, but found no trace.

Apart from the quilts & workshop supplies, camera & numerous other lost items, one that is irreplacable is my student comments book! Please, if you wrote your e-mail contact details in it recently, send me an email so we can keep in touch.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you lost your bag..some things are just irreplaceable.....Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about this, Sue. Maybe whoever found it will contact you. I would hate losing my quilts. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete