Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy ending

I'm about to get on a flight heading home, but wanted everyone to know the happy ending to the lost bag story.

I was contacted via e-mail from my business card in the bag, which had been picked up from the gutter, by a man & his wife on their way to the movies. He worked a late shift yesterday, so didn't have time until this morning to contact me.

Can you see me grinning from here? I was able to reward them for their honesty, time & effort in returning the bag. They also loved my quilts that were in the bag.

Thanks Gerrie & Cathy H for your words of comfort re my missing bag.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, It has been lovely following your working holiday in the US. Safe travel home, glad to hear that you have your bag back, no to know there are some good people in this world still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have enjoyed folowing your travels Sue. Great that your bag was returned by some caring people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your bag was returned intact! I can imagine how devastated you must have felt while it was missing... Hooray for those nice folks who tracked you down! I hope you make it home safely and quickly, and with no further mishaps. Looking forward to any "wrap-up" posts you may share. Hugs to you and Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spirit of human kindness will usually triumph - hope you rest up quickly and can't wait to hear more of your travels. Again, it's been fantastic sharing the ride.

    ReplyDelete